Monday, January 6, 2014

Pizza pie not on my thighs!

Saturday night was pizza night!! Yaaaaayyyy...oh wait...I'm on a diet, never mind:( But does pizza have to be so bad for you? Well I got my creativity going a swapped the cheese bread for a personal pizza just for me. 

When I say pizza night, I don't mean ordering it from a pizza shop! I make the dough and sauce! So I can control what my family is eating. Some people would be intimidated by making pizza from scratch but, it's rather easy! 

The dough recipe I got from All Recipes. It's great because it yealds 3 pizza dough balls and I normally cut one in half and make bread sticks out of the half dough balls. This time I made a personal pizza just for me instead of bread sticks. 

Pizza Dough II

note: I have a Stan mixer and a dough hook and I let the mixer kneed the dough for me on low. 

For the sauce I simmer a large can of tomato sauce and add garlic, olive oil, 2 tablespoons sugar (optional), minced onion, pizza seasoning, all to taste. Any thing is optional play with your foods creat new flavors, and be creative! 

For my pizza I rolled out the dough very thin. Then I topped with sauce. Note: the more sauce you use the more soggy the crust will be after it's baked. I like a crunchy crust so I like to put a little sauce and then dip my slices when I eat them. After sauce I add cayenne peper and crushed red peper to the top (SPICY!!!). Also, spicy food is great to increase metabolizem and blood circulation. Then add your faveorite toppings. When on a diet you might want to stray from supper sweet or high fat toppings such as BBQ chick or pepperoni :/ but grab some strong flavors to sub like in mine I put onion slices, capers, garlic. I was experimenting and was pleasently surprised! The onion had a sweeter taste and crunchy texture and the capers gave a salty flavor! Those flavor hues remind me of my favorite pizza combo, hawian pizza! I didn't forget the cheese!!! I did not add any. You might think that it won't be very good but it really is, some times I feel the cheese hides the flavor of the veggies and sauce. 

If you are single or don't want to share your pizza with anyone just cut all the dough balls in halves and you will have 6 pizzas! You can freeze them too. I just put them in Ziplocks and pull out one a few hrs before use. Making a larger batch of sauce works too freze the leftover sauce and viola you have 5 more pizza for later use. 

I make a normal pizza for my family with the large dough ball, and I slice off a half of a slice for me to QC (quality check), just to make sure it's acceptable for my family, because I love them that much! 

The All Recipe link gives cooking temp and time, just remember it's all about preference! Anyone who tries pleas snap a pic and share with me!

Have a fit and healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment